State of Alaska Tier II Forms

New for 2017 – All Tier II reports for facilities in Alaska must be filed electronically. Click here, or visit

Coming Soon: Instructions for State of Alaska Tier II Reporting (2017)

AS 29.35.500 Municipal Powers and Duties, Reporting, Hazardous Materials. This statute requires the use of the Alaska Tier II form in place of the EPA Tier II form (online only for 2017 report year). It also identifies substances covered that are in addition to federal substances identified in the Environmental Protection Agency. Consolidated List of Chemicals Subject to EPCRA

If you experience difficulty accessing this information, please contact the Alaska Tier Two Database Administrator, Kevin Reeve at 907-428-7019.

Tier II Reporting "Frequently Asked Questions"

Q: When are Tier II reports due?

A: Tier II reports are due each year before March 1 for the chemicals present at your facility during the previous calendar year.

Q: Can I file the Federal Tier II form or does the State have its own?

A: You must use the State of Alaska Tier II electronic reporting system. The electronic reporting system will generate a copy of the form when you hit submit. This copy should be maintained for your records.

Q: Where can I get a copy of the Alaska Tier II Form?

A: A copy of the completed Tier II form will be generated for you with the information you entered into the electronic database when you hit submit. This copy should be maintained for your records.

Q: What chemicals are subject to the EPCRA?

A: A consolidated list of chemicals subject to the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act can be found at the EPCRA covered substances web page. For gases and refrigerants you may also reference a gas conversion table available here.

Q: Who do I contact if I have questions about the reporting requirements?

A: Technical assistance for local and State reporting requirements is provided by your LEPC and/or your local fire department.

Further technical assistance for State reporting requirements is available from the State Department of Environmental Conservation’s Division of Spill Prevention and Response (Kathy Shea) at 907-269-3071 or e-mail

Technical assistance for federal reporting requirements is available from the Federal Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know (EPCRA) Hotline at 800-424-9346 or the Internet at:

Q: To whom do I send my Tier II Reports?

A: Upon submittal of your Tier II report through the electronic reporting system your Tier II information will be accessible to the following entities as required by regulation:

  • Your local fire department.
  • Your Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC).
  • The State Emergency Response Commission (SERC).

You no longer need to send your reports to these entities separately.

Q: To whom do I send my Tier II Reports?

A: Contact your local Office of Emergency Services (Emergency Management) or click here.

Q: What are EPA’s new reporting requirements for physical and health hazards?

A: Tier II reporting in 2017 will comply with the updated physical and health hazards as defined in the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200, which EPA adopted in a Federal Register notice on June 13, 2016 (81 FR 38104). A correction was also posted in the Federal Register on July 22, 2016 (81 FR 47311). Refer to the EPA fact sheet for additional information here.

SERC Policy & Procedures for Public Access to Tier II Reports